Board of Directors
Diversity Policy for the Board Members
The composition of the board of directors has taken diversity into consideration and formulating an appropriate policy on diversity based on the company's business operations, operating dynamics, and development needs. It is advisable that the policy include the following two general standards:
1. Basic requirements and values: Gender, age, nationality, and culture
2. Professional knowledge and skills: A professional background (e.g., law, accounting, industry, finance, marketing, technology), professional skills, and industry experience
All members of the board shall have the knowledge, skills, and experience necessary to perform their duties. To achieve the ideal goal of corporate governance, the board of directors shall possess the following abilities:
1. Ability to make operational judgment
2. Ability to perform accounting and financial analysis
3. Ability to conduct management administration
4. Ability to conduct crisis management
5. Knowledge of the industry
6. An international market perspective
7. Ability to lead
8. Ability to make policy decisions
Doris Hsu (Hsiu-Lan Hsu)
Chairman & CEO
● Master degree in Computer Science, University of Illinois
Executive vice president of Sino-American Silicon Products Inc.
Sino-American Silicon Products Inc. Representative: Ming-Kuang Lu
● Honorary doctorate of Science in National Chiao Tung University
President of Lite-On Semiconductor Corp.
President of Vishay Lite-On Power Semiconductor Corp.,
Vice President of Silitek Corp
Sino-American Silicon Products Inc. Representative: Tan-Liang Yao
● MBA degree, Tamkang University
Assistant vice president at Lite-On Semiconductor Corp.
President of Sino American Silicon Products Inc.
● Nan Ying Vocation High School
Chairman of Nan‐Hai Optoelectronics Technology Co. Ltd.
Director of COTA Commercial Bank
● International Business Administration, Chinese Cultural University
Deputy Section Manager, Yulon Motors Co., Ltd.
Audit manager, Yue Sheng Industrial Co., Ltd.
Cost Section Manager, Yueki industrial Co., Ltd.
Administrative Manager, Rica auto parts co., ltd.
CFO, Wafer Works Corporation
● Ph D. in Engineering of the University of Liverpool
President, College of Engineer, National Taiwan University of Science and Technology
Consultant, R&D Center, Sino-American Silicon Products Inc.
Professor (jt. appointment),
Forseeing Innovative New DigiService of Institute For Information Industry
Visiting scholar, University of Cambridge UK
Consultant/President, General Research Laboratory of TECO Corporation
Independent director & Supervisor, Creative Sensor Inc., Lien Chang Electronic Enterprise Co., Ltd., TECO Electro Devices Co., Ltd.
Visiting scholar, University of California, Santa Barbara
Assistant Professor, National Cheng Kung University
Consultant, Metal Industries R&D Center
Evaluation Committee, Taipei Exchange
Rules Governing the Scope of Powers of Independent Directors (Chinese version)
Rules of Board of Directors Meetings (Chinese version)
Rules for Election of Directors (chinese version)
Directions for Performance Evaluation of Board of Directors (Chinese version)
Performance Evaluation of Board of Directors (chinese version) - 2015 / 2016 / 2017
Evaluation of CPA Independence (chinese version) - 2016 / 2017
Board Diversity Status